Leather jackets have the ability to make any gentleman instantly look younger and more attractive.
They have a great flair that can be pulled off casually and even formally when done right. They’re synonymous with masculinity and stars like Marlon Brando but there’s nothing stopping you from looking even better, besides a leather jacket, of course.
These jackets were first introduced in the early 1900’s for pilots and they were renowned for their warm insulation. Over time they have eventually coined bomber jackets which we see many brands producing today.
Buckskin, lambskin, sheepskin, and cowhide are the most common materials we see leather jackets made out of, as well.
The first trait in a quality leather jacket to look for is the material that is used.
Leather that has scars, marks and similar are sometimes “corrected” by applying chemicals, dyes, and pressing faux leather grains into them. The result is a very smooth jacket that can sometimes feel plastic-like.
This is more common in cheaper jackets while higher-priced leather typically is uncorrected thus soft, textured, and naturally uneven.
Next up is the stitching and zippers. Quality stitching is thicker and normally done around seams and pockets for added detail. Some manufacturers may attempt to cut costs by utilizing thinner threads that aren’t as durable or long-lasting.
The last thing we want is to zip up our jacket and it breaks which is why you should pay attention to what zippers are used to. YKK and RiRi are some of the strongest that are used so you’ll see these names quite a bit.
Finally, the lining is a component of leather jackets we can’t forget. Sure it may look great from the outside, but how does it feel on the inside?
The lining should be smooth and breathable to make it easy-wearing. Jackets that sport quilted or insulated interiors are fantastic for the cooler months so take that into consideration too.
With that out of the way, here are some of the best leather jackets for men you can get your hands-on with all price ranges taken into consideration.
Best Mens Leather Jackets
1. Acne Studios Aze Leather Jacket
A classic and simple leather jacket crafted with the highest standards from Acne Studios. It has a resemblance to a biker jacket but mainly offers a sleek and fitted style that you’re sure to look good in. Pair it with some skinny jeans, Chelsea boots, and layer it with a hoodie.
- 100% high quality leather.
- Press studded cuffs.
- Zipper closure.
- Throat tab.
- Two side pockets.
2. Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Smooth Lamb Faux Leather Bomber Jacket
- The shell of the jacket is composed of 100% Polyurethane. The body Lining is 95% Polyester and 5% Cotton.
- Recommended to hand wash.
- Rib knit cuffs and waist band for added comfort.
- Rib knit trim inside stand collar for added comfort.
- Two lower welt pockets, interior zipper pocket for additional storage.
3. Kenneth Cole REACTION Men’s Faux-Leather Moto Jacket
- The shell is composed of 100% Polyurethane and the lining is 100% Polyester.
- Zipper closure.
- Recommended to hand wash.
- Moto jacket style with standing collar, zipper detail and snap-flap pockets.
- Side-entry pockets at hips.
- Zippered pocket at chest.
4. Landing Leathers Leather Flight Bomber Jacket
This leather bomber jacket is crafted from 100% genuine soft touch supple nappa leather. It features a smooth lining that glides when you put it on. There is also an insulated polyester fill that will keep you warm at all times.
- 100% Leather.
- Regular fitting with extra room through the chest and waist for a classic fit.
- Snap storm flap over front zipper.
- Dual entry pockets and interior pocket.
- 100% leather.
- U.S. Brand, U.S. Design, Imported.
5. Cole Haan Men’s Leather Jacket
- Simple style that you can wear on its own or layered.
- 100% Leather.
- Recommended to dry clean only.
- Stand collar.
- Welt pockets.
6. Perry Ellis Men’s Lambskin Leather Jacket
- Great jacket for work and similar occasions.
- 100% black leather.
- Zipper closure.
- Recommended to dry clean.
- Laydown point collar, 3 oz. poly-filling in the body, and 2 oz. poly-filling in the sleeves.
- Open cuffs and bottom.
- Slant exterior pockets with two interior pockets.
7. Diesel Men’s Laleta Leather Jacket
- Modern and young style.
- 100% black cow leather.
- Recommended to cry clean.
- Snap-button banded collar with quilted shoulders and lower back.
- Full-length zip-front closure.
- Zippered cuffs.
- Adjustable tabs at waist.
8. Polo Ralph Lauren Men’s Leather Jacket
This jacket from Ralph Lauren is made of full-grain leather which gives it a lovely aged appearance. It features hand distressing with a mix between a modern and moto jacket style. It’s young, stylish, and sexy. This is a jacket you could easily wear casually or formally and it’ll look fantastic either way.
- Genuine Leather and Suede.
- Hand Distressed.
- About 25″ from shoulder to hem.
- Front asymmetrical zipper closure.
- Spread collar.
9. Daniel Shearling Sheepskin Coat
During the fall and winter, layering is the best way to stay warm and combat the cold weather. With this Daniel Shearling coat, it does the job for you with natural insulation and textured Spanish Merino shearling sheepskin. It also features a removable half vest shearling collar and bib if you’d like a lighter fit. The leather lined pockets will keep your hands warm at all times as well.
10. Jakewood Men’s Shearling Winter Jacket
- Made of 100% sheepskin.
- Recommended to dry clean.
- Composed of 100% genuine leather and shearling sheepskin. 100% authentic & original.
- This Jacket has a detachable hood if you’d prefer to wear it without.
- The inside of the jacket has original sheepskin wool and the outer side has sealed lamb nappa. The stitching and finish is beautiful which gives it a designer look and feel.
- Leather trimming on sleeves, pockets, and front.
- Finest quality Shearling sheepskin with an amazingly gorgeous interior.
11. Our Legacy Splash Leather Puffa Jacket
Looking to stay warm this fall and winter? Then Our Legacy Splash is here to help. Composed of a soft Portuguese leather, this puffa jacket has been quilted and features a detachable hood with a removable faux fur collar. It has two large front pockets with a two-way YYK zipper and storm flap.
- Made out of high quality Portuguese leather.
- Fully lined and quilted to keep you warm.
- Detachable hood and faux fur collar.
- YKK zippers that will stand the test of time.
12. Men’s Missani Le Collezioni Reversible Leather Jacket
Lamb and nubuck leather create a timeless leather jacket you can wear with anything. Since it’s reversible, you have much more style versatility. Some days wear it black, some days wear it brown. Layer it with a hoodie and jeans for a casual look or wear it over your office attire. Features a pointed collar, button cuffs, and front side pockets.
13. Men’s Lamarque Leather Moto Jacket
A slim fit moto jacket made of some of the finest lambskin leather. With sleek metal hardware and quilting detailing, this jacket is stylish and comfortable. Features a chest zip pocket, front welted pockets and interior welted pockets. The collar has snap closure and a band style.
14. Urban Leather Factory Vintage Lambskin Leather Jacket
Genuine lambskin leather jacket with an adjustable hem for improved fit. Polyester lining is smooth, comfortable and makes this jacket glide on. There are 2 front side pockets and 2 zipper chest pockets. Along with this, the standing collar has an adjustable strap. It’s vintage but modern at the same time. Men that love streetwear will find any easy time incorporating this into their wardrobe.
15. Wantdo Men’s Stand Collar PU Leather Jacket
This is a great budget leather jacket composed of faux material. Cotton padding along with insulated lining makes this a very warm jacket to throw on in the cool weather. It’s also made to be water repellent so this is one of the few leather jackets you could take out in the rain. For its price, this is a bang for your buck piece of outerwear.
16. Marc New York Leather Bomber Jacket
A very unique style that is classy and timeless. This bomber-style leather jacket from Marc New York features a shirt collar, two front flap pockets to fit everything you need and rib knit detail. It’s not only very fashionable but functional which some leather jackets tend to lack.
A modern take on the classic baseball varsity jacket. Saint Laurent’s Teddy jacket is one of their best known pieces. A textured leather outer contrasts beautifully with the white wool trim. Cotton blend lining makes the Teddy jacket equally comfortable. The design is pretty simple so you’ll find that lots of outfits work with this.
17. Styling Men’s Leather Jackets
There are many ways you can pull off a leather jacket. They suit the fall and winter weather perfectly to begin with but also pair excellently with the clothing we wear during these months.
Leather jacket casual outfits
The first approach to sporting a leather jacket is with more casual apparel. For example, you could layer it with a hoodie, wear jeans, and put on a nice pair of boots. This will keep you warm and has the bad-boy appeal that many women love. During the fall, chinos in orange, red, or olive could also be worn here since they suit the color of the leaves changing. If you’re wearing your leather jacket in the winter, opt for colors like black, navy and gray in your outfit.
Leather jackets can also can be worn over semi-formal attire which makes it a wonderful piece of outerwear to bring to work. If you have own a black leather jacket, try wearing it with black cap toe oxfords, gray wool trousers, a navy jumper and white dress shirt underneath. You’re guaranteed to look sharp.
Mens Leather Jacket Outfit Ideas
This is one of the best ways to wear a leather jacket. It’s comfortable and casual, making it ideal for dates or hanging out with friends doing casual activities. A grey hoodie under a black biker jacket creates a young streetwear look, with ripped denim jeans and sneakers rounding it off.
A nice semi-formal leather jacket outfit that’s great for the fall and wearing to work. Dress boots, jeans, and a sweater is a staple menswear outfit that transforms the look of any man. Throw on a simple brown leather jacket, and suddenly you’re ready to head out the door to work. The key is to keep the jacket as simple as possible. No extra zippers, flaps, or pockets.
This look uses the classic color palette of blue, white, and brown. The white t-shirt is comfortable, casual, and acts as a neutral base for the outfit. Navy chinos blend in perfectly with the brown dress boots and leather jacket. If you’re running errands or strapped for time, go for a style like this.
This is how you wear a leather jacket formally. Brown suede derbys, dark wash jeans, and a dress shirt with tie is a classic work outfit. Throw on a suit jacket or sweater if you need to. The brown jacket is straight to the point and matches with the shoes.
A monochrome leather jacket outfit that blends different shades of black together. Black jeans, a t-shirt, and a jacket could be worn on top of chelsea boots or sneakers.
Is A Leather Jacket Warm Enough For Winter?
A leather jacket can be warm enough for winter, but your best choice would be a parka, down jacket, and other standard winter outerwear.
Leather is easily damaged by rain and snow, which is one of the main concerns. However, if you were to wear a synthetic leather jacket, you wouldn’t have to worry about this.
Ensure that you layer your jacket with a turtleneck, hoodie, or sweater. Since a leather jacket won’t cover your neck normally, you’ll also need a scarf and hat to keep warm.
On a less intense winter day, a leather jacket is perfectly fine.
Is A Leather Jacket Business Casual?
Absolutely! A leather jacket is one of the most versatile pieces of outerwear you can have. To make it business casual, pair it with:
- Dress shoes like oxfords.
- A dress shirt with or without a sweater over top.
- Jeans, trousers, or chinos.
Is A Leather Jacket A Good Investment?
Honestly, you’d be crazy NOT to have a leather jacket as a man. It makes you instantly look sexier, matches just about anything you wear it with, and suits every age.
Brown and black are the best colors, and you should preferably get it in lambskin if possible. This is the highest quality and most comfortable material you can get.
Take care of it and it will last you for decades.
Is A Leather Jacket Appropriate For A Wedding?
I would not recommend wearing a leather jacket to a wedding, which is one of the most formal events you could possibly attend.
It’s more suitable for casual settings, work, and social gatherings.
Are Leather Jackets Attractive On Guys?
This is a no brainer. Women will be eyeing you up and down when you wear a leather jacket. However, you need to wear it correctly.
Layer it with a hoodie or sweater during the fall, and throw on a pair of dress boots. This is a classic menswear look that makes any man look attractive.
If you need to dress it up, stick to a dress shirt and khakis with oxfords.
Even just a pair of sneakers, jeans, and a white tee under a leather jacket looks very stylish.
Are Leather Jackets Durable?
Leather jackets composed of genuine leather will age like wine, looking and feeling better over time. Leather in any form is very durable, but can be damaged by water — so be careful what weather you wear one in.
If you choose to purchase a budget-friendly synthetic leather jacket, you will gain one massive benefit. You can wear it whenever. It’s not real leather, so it doesn’t get damaged by snow, rain, etc.