Versace is one of the most historic fashion brands from Milan, Italy.
Their logo is the iconic face of Medusa which you normally see in a royal gold. The company was founded by Gianni Versace whom got the inspiration for the logo from the Roman ruins he played in as a child. Gianni designed his first collections in 1972 and a few years later in 1978 his company was launched as Gianni Versace Donna. The first boutique store was opened up in Via della Spiga, Milan that same year.
Gianni was a rare exception in the fashion world because he had full control of the brand, designs, and retailing. During 1982, the company extended into home furnishings, jewelry, and accessories which helped differentiate them. When the famous actress Elizabeth Hurley wore a Versace dress in 1994, they received a large boost from international press.
They went on to design outfits for Michael Jackson, Elton John, the Prince of Wales and the Princess Caroline of Monaco. Renowned for their flashy style, they also offer incredible scents for any occasion. Here are the best Versace colognes for men that’ll step up your confidence and image.
Our 5 Favorite Versace Colognes For Men
Top 5 Best Versace Colognes For Men Reviews
1. Versace Eros Men Eau De Toilette Spray
Versace Eros is a fragrance for a strong man who is passionate and master of himself. Its masculine scent draws on inspiration from Greek mythology with its bold blue bottle depicting the God of Love. It features a vibrant blend of mint leaves, Italian lemon zest, and green apple for an unforgettable scent. The top notes are composed of mint leaves, Italian lemon zest, green apple. The middle notes have tonka beans, amber, geranium flower, vanilla with a base of cedarwood & vetiver.
2. Versace Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray
Versace pour Homme has been created from essential ingredients of Mediterranean origin with the potential to convey-through aromatic notes-the character of today’s man, who is both knowledgeable and self confident and who has the ability to live his life in a harmonious relationship with the natural world.
3. Versace Man Eau Fraiche Eau De Toilette Spray
Versace Man Eau Fraiche, dedicated to the modern man with charisma and self-confidence. The man whose strength is in his soul. Top notes consit of white lemon, rose wood. Middles notes are tarragon, cedar leaves, clary sage with a base of vegetal amber, acajou, and musk.
4. Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir
The seduction of a sunset on a desert, a warm breeze in the air giving a feeling of well-being. Versace pour Homme Oud Noir is a sensual, heady aroma, almost aphrodisiacal. One of the finest ingredients of perfumery craftsmanship gives life to this new fragrance for men, designed for lovers of oriental fragrances and for the man with a strong personality. This scent is woody, oriental, crisp, virile, elegant and hypnotic.
5. Versace Pour Homme Dylan Blue
Instinct, passion, love and desire combine with hope and complicity to define this fragrance for men by Versace. Dylan Blue captivates the sensual scents of the Mediterranean. Woody notes of ambrox evoke tradition, while exquisite citrus notes of bergamot and grapefruit give off modernity. Aquatic hints add an invigorating freshness and enveloping notes of black pepper and papyrus wood.
6. Versace L’Homme
Versace L’homme is the original men’s fragrance created by Gianni Versace and was released in 1984 . It’s a versatile classic fragrance that can be worn easily from casual wear to business wear. The top notes are bergamot, petit grain, pimento, lemon zest, green notes and basil. The heart notes are patchouli, rose, sandalwood, jasmine, carnation, cedar wood and cinnamon. The finishing notes are oak moss, labdanum, amber, musk, tonka bean, vanilla and rich leather.
7. DREAMER by Versace.
Dreamer Cologne by Versace was launched by the design house of Gianni Versace in 1996. It is classified as a sharp, oriental, and woody fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a mix of wild flowers, linen, amber and tobacco. It is recommended for daytime wear. If you want a classic and vintage Versace scent, this it.
Different Types of Cologne
You should become familiar with the different names around perfumes so you know exactly what you’re buying. These are what you will come across the most:
- Eau Fraiche: These typically contain 1-3% perfume oils diluted in water and alcohol. The scent will last for approximately an hour and has a light strength. Wear this when going out for a quick errand run while sporting a casual outfit. Think chino shorts, a polo shirt, and a pair of Stacy Adams.
- Cologne/Eau de Cologne: The most popular type of fragrance and typically made for gentlemen. Light, fruity, and fresh notes are the average to expect. With 2-4% perfume oils they will for over 2 hours and are great for younger men.
- Toilette/Eau de Toliette: 5-15% perfume oils makes these scents last upwards to 3 hours or more. They still usually will have a lighter spray and smell. We’d recommend wearing an Eau de Toliette when going out on a data or any occasion that will take a fair amount of itme. You can spray it on while wearing a business casual outfit consisting of jeans, a blazer, and dress shoes like Allen Edmonds.
- Perfume/Eau de Parfum: Most think of women when they hear the word perfume but it is actually a genderless type of fragrance. Containing 15-20% perfume oils, one of these scents are going to last you from 5 to 8 hours. This means all of the notes will have time to reveal them selves as you go out through your day.
- Parfum: Not to be confused with the above, parfum is the most expensive and strongest fragrance you can get your hands on. These will last upwards to 24 hours since they are composed of 20-30% perfume oils.
Understanding Fragrance Notes
Every fragrance is composed of multiple different notes which are layered in base, middle, and top scents. Here is what you need to know about each of them:
- Top notes: This is the first scent that you get right after applying it. Expect floral. citrus, fruity, aquatic and spicy tones to be present here. They should last from 20 minutes upwards to 2 hours depending on the exact fragrance you purchase.
- Middles notes: Some times also called the heart notes, these tones will showcase the main elements of the fragrance. After the top notes have cleared, the middle notes will stay for 3 to 5 hours. They are made to build off one another and normally have heavier floral, spicy, green, and fruity scents.
- Base notes: Often bolder and last to develop, base notes will become noticeable later throughout your day. These can stick around for 5 to 10 hours and commonly have sandalwood, tobacco, vanilla, and leather scents.
Last update on 2022-05-23 at 02:50 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API