If you are a retail worker, then there is a great chance that you spend a lot of time each day standing, leading to blisters and foot pain that further results to back and knee pain.
To handle such a problem, you need to invest in the best shoes for retail workers. Learn more about the ideal shoes if you are part of the retail industry with the aid of this article.
Shoes for Retail Workers Buying Guide
Why should you Find the Best Shoes?
As a retail worker, you need to ensure that you keep all parts of your body product. Note that your job often requires you to put a lot of pressure on your feet. If left unprotected, you will be at risk of suffering from a foot injury and foot pain.
You need to find the ideal shoes for your job if you want to protect your feet from such harm. The best footwear can help prevent potential damages on your toes that often result to problems affecting your ligaments and tendons.
With the right shoes, you can also correct your posture and avoid chronic pain. All these are crucial in promoting better health, ensuring your safety, keeping you comfortable and improving your productivity at work.
Factors to Consider in Searching for the Best Shoes for Retail Workers
Since your feet tend to get abused the most if you are working in the retail industry, it is necessary to consider the following factors in your search for the best footwear for your job:
Fit – Make sure to find a pair of shoes, which is not too tight nor too loose. Measure both your feet for width and size. Also, it is advisable to measure your feet at the end of the day as this is the time when they’re swollen from prolonged standing.
Arch Support and Cushion – Choose a pair of footwear, which features a good arch support and has a proper cushion. It should be capable of absorbing shock from standing and stepping on hard surfaces. Your shoes should also contour your foot’s natural shape.
Breathability – Keep in mind that you will be wearing it for several hours each day. That said, you need to look for lightweight and breathable shoes. If possible, go for those with small holes on top. Such features allow your feet to breathe while also letting them adjust to temperature variations.
Aside from making your feet feel more comfortable, this can also prevent overheating, excessive sweating and the risk of developing fungus. Furthermore, go for those with antimicrobial and breathable insoles to prevent chaffing and blisters.
Stability and Anti-Slippage Protection – The shoes should also be stable and solid enough. Aside from that, it should feature anti-slippage protection, preventing you from slipping on wet surfaces and spills.
Comfort – Your feet should never feel too cramped when wearing the shoes. The best choice is one, which allows you to enjoy utmost comfort when wearing it for the entire day.
While you have several choices for high-quality shoes that suit your retail job, it is still necessary to consider the factors mentioned above for the best shoes for retail workers, as well as other related features. Invest in the right pair, which is not only trendy and attractive but also supports your specific needs and requirements.
The Best Shoes for Retail Workers
1. Dansko Women’s Professional Box Leather ClogBuy Now If you are in search for the best shoes for retail workers that give you adequate support and comfort when working on your feet for long hours, then the Dansko Professional Box Leather Clog for women is a nice fit. It features a rocker-bottom sole made of polyurethane.
This material can protect your legs, feet, and back from the stress and pressure caused by prolonged walking and standing. Also, it aids in propelling your feet forward, allowing you to be always on the move.
Another noticeable feature of this leather clog from Dansko is the padded anatomical footbed designed to give you utmost comfort and adequate support. You’ll also love its roomy toe box as it lets you move around with ease.
You will also enjoy the fact that the shoe is designed in such a way that it follows your foot’s natural shape and contours. It has an instep collar, which provides enough cushion for your arch, so walking and standing will be more comfortable for you.
Furthermore, it has a heel counter. This specific feature allows your heel to move effortlessly while walking without the risk of causing blisters. Also, it is flexible enough and has a shock absorption feature.
- Made of oiled leather, which further improves the shoe’s durability
- Good quality and excellent features
- Offers protection to your feet and legs
- Lets you move with ease without causing blisters and other potential foot injury and damages
- Comfortable and supportive with its padded anatomical footbed and roomy toe box
- Some issues on appropriate sizing
- Instep is a bit high and tight
2. Clarks Unstructured Women’s Un.Loop Slip-On Shoe – Editor’s ChoiceBuy Now This slip-on shoe is another great choice for retail workers looking for the ideal footwear for their job. One thing that makes this shoe instantly noticeable is its high comfort level. With its upper made of full-grain leather, you have an assurance of its durability.
It comes with a removable insole made of vegetable-tanned leather. Such insole is constructed in such a way that it can minimize the risk of foot friction. It features a lambskin lining, which ensures that your entire feet will receive adequate support and comfort.
Furthermore, this slip-on shoe also makes use of a distinctive air circulation system designed to keep your feet cool and comfortable. The fact that it is a slip-on shoe adds to its ability to let you wear and take it off without hassle.
You’ll also fall in love with the shoe’s buttoned details and well-stitched overlays. It is also one of the most breathable shoes that you can wear because it makes use of a ventilation system exclusive to the brand.
The slip-on shoe also boasts of its split-toe seam, attractive wooden button, and unique stitched details. The cushioned collar and heel also make the shoe one of the best footwear designed for retail workers.
- Features supportive insoles and rubber soles that relieve back pain and make your feet feel comfortable
- Provides several choices in terms of colors
- Trendy and nice design
- Offers great foot support
- Does not require a break-in period
- Tends to wear out and fade quickly than normal
- Inaccurate sizing
3. KEEN Utility Men’s PTC Dress Oxford Work Shoe – Editor’s ChoiceBuy Now This work shoe is also ideal for you if what you are looking for is a footwear, which is sturdy enough while still keeping you comfortable when doing your retail job. It has a classic lace-up design plus a stain-resistant and water-resistant upper made of durable and sturdy leather.
Aside from being highly durable, the leather material can also make you feel comfortable. Another feature of the shoe is its slip-resistant outsole, which aids in guaranteeing your security while you’re at work.
With its PU footbed as well as memory foam, you can cradle your feet comfortably, so there is no need to worry about experiencing pain and discomfort.
Another feature is the compression molded EVA midsole. The fact that the outsole made of rubber is not only slip-resistant but also has non-marking oil further provides an assurance that you will be able to wear it with ease the entire day.
- Made in such a way that it prevents pain not only in your feet and ankle but also on the knee, hip, and arch – This benefit is possible even if you are standing and working for long hours.
- Comfortable without compromising sturdiness
- Feels and looks good
- Provides adequate support
- A bit stiff during the first few uses so you need to break it in for some time
4. Skechers for Work Men’s Cottonwood Elks Slip-Resistant Shoe – Best Bang for the BuckBuy Now Being one of the leading providers of footwear at present, you will never go wrong by choosing this slip-resistant shoe from Skechers. It has the perfect combination of total comfort, style, and durability. It has a relaxed fit, making it comfortable for retail workers to use and wear.
One thing that you’ll immediately notice about the shoe is its upper made of smooth Napa leather. Such upper also boasts of a lightly polished finish. The lace up front improves its appeal and ability to help you wear it in comfort.
Aside from that, it is slip-resistant, so there is no need to worry about slipping accidentally and harming any part of your body in the process. The stitching accents also added to the overall stylish look of the footwear.
Other features designed to give you utmost comfort are the padded collar and tongue, as well as the soft fabric shoe lining. The fact that it has a relaxed fit plus removable comfort insole also ensures that you will enjoy a comfy and roomy fit.
- Stylish while still being highly durable
- Comfortable to wear with its padded collar and tongue and soft fabric lining
- Relaxed and roomy fit
- Has attractive stitching accents
- Only available in one color and version
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most important things to look for in shoes when you work in retail?
The most important thing you must look for when buying shoes for retail work is getting the right fit. The correct length and width for your foot shape are important for optimum comfort. You should choose shoes which have plenty of cushioning so that they lessen the impact of hard surfaces on your feet. This will result in the proper support needed and will prevent fatigue on the feet as well as prevent any unnecessary pain. You should also choose shoes which are lightweight, breathable, flexible and have good traction.
How long does a retail worker usually stand for?
Retail workers tend to stand on their feet for long periods of time during their shifts. Retail workers jobs tend to focus on assisting customers. With this in mind, they will be greeting each customer, talking to them, getting things for them, straightening and tidying up the store or work area, etc. It has been estimated that the average retail worker walks around 3 miles per shift. That is a lot of effort on the feet, and so it is very important to wear proper and extremely comfortable shoes.
What kind of floors do retail workers tend to stand on?
People who work in retail can usually be found in malls and shopping centers which consist of mostly concrete flooring. Only occasionally will a store be found to have carpeted flooring since it is much harder to maintain and keep clean considering how many people step on it on a daily basis. Concrete and tile flooring can inflict a lot of pain on a person after hours of standing or walking, so it is very important to find a shoe which absorbs some of the impact and cushions your feet.
Can flip-flops be worn to work?
It would be extremely rare to find a retail workplace which allows a worker to wear flip-flops to work. Flip-flops are a safety hazard due to tripping and exposure. The feet being exposed is unsanitary and unprofessional. They are generally comfortable, however, most companies will not allow them to be worn in a work setting.
Why should I choose comfortable shoes instead of high heels or something more appealing?
Although some shoes may seem more aesthetically pleasing than comfortable shoes, we would recommend choosing comfort over the look of the shoe. The feet are an important part of the body and so it is essential that they are well kept and well looked after, and comfortable footwear is the best way to maintain your feet. Taking care of your feet in a job that requires a lot of walking or standing will help with any short-term and prevent any long-term problems that have been linked to wearing improper shoes for the situation.
With the buying guide, as well as the best shoes for retail workers mentioned in this article, you’ll no longer have to worry about where to find the ideal footwear for you. You’ll start to enjoy your work even more as you can move effortlessly and keep yourself safe without sacrificing style.
Last update on 2022-05-23 at 01:48 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API